The Windows 10 microphone will not work if there are problems with the device itself. However, incorrect settings or problems with the so-called drivers can also be to blame. No matter what the problem is, there are some simple solutions you can try. You can find out what they are and how you can solve your problem with the microphone here.
In diesem Artikel:
Windows 10 microphone does not work
Your Windows 10 microphone does not work? This can have various reasons besides a defect. Here you can find out what they are and what you can do.
ANZEIGE – Preise inkl. MwSt., zzgl. Versandkosten / Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-06-26 at 08:31 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Windows 10 settings as a problem
The Windows 10 microphone does not work if the Windows settings do not fit. It doesn’t take long to check these:
- Click on the Windows logo at the bottom left and open the settings. Then select “System” and click on “Sound” in the bar on the left. On the right, you can then select “Manage audio devices” under “Input”.
- You will see a list of all available microphones. When you find yours, click on it and select “Activate” > “Set as default device”.
- If you don’t find the microphone in the list, the computer doesn’t recognize it. This may be due to a defective sound card or microphone. Or maybe it is just missing current drivers. This is information that tells Windows what kind of device you have and how it works.
Install appropriate drivers for the microphone
The Windows 10 microphone will also not work if the appropriate drivers are missing. Here’s how you can install them:
- If it is a USB microphone, the driver is usually included with the device. Alternatively, you can download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website. To do this, simply search for the manufacturer via Google, e.g. “Rode driver”.
- You may also need a driver for the sound card. Which one you need depends on your sound card. Read the manual of your computer to find out which sound card is installed. You can then search for the driver again via Google.
Alternatively, you can do the following: Download the program Everest. The tool finds the appropriate drivers on its own and you can download them afterwards.
ANZEIGE – Preise inkl. MwSt., zzgl. Versandkosten / Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-06-26 at 12:51 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Windows 10 microphone is detected, but does not work
The Windows 10 microphone is recognized, but does not work if certain settings do not fit. Here’s how you can check them:
- Right-click on the “Volume” icon in the taskbar. Then select “Open sound settings”.
- Under the “Input” item, you can see if your microphone is selected as an input device.
- Click on “Device properties”.
- Here you have to check if “Disable” is not checked
- Right-click on the “Volume” icon in the taskbar and select the “Sounds” entry.
- Under the item “Recording” you can check if your microphone is selected as “Default device”.
Windows 10 microphone is not recognized
The Windows 10 microphone is not recognized when certain settings are disabled. This is what you can do in this case:
- Click on the search button in the taskbar and type in “Microphone”. Then open the “Privacy settings for microphone”. You can also go to “Privacy” via the key combination [Windows] + [ i ] to “Privacy” and then select “Microphone” in the left column
- Under “Allow access to the microphone on this device” check if “Microphone access for this device is disabled”.
- Select “Change” and click “On.”
Windows 10 microphone level not adjustable
If the Windows 10 microphone level is not adjustable, this can have several causes. One possibility is that it keeps resetting itself. In this case you can do the following:
- Right-click on the “Volume” icon in the taskbar. Then select “Open Sound Settings”.
- Then select “Device properties” under “Input”
- Now click on “Additional device properties” on the right.
- Under the tab “Advanced” you will find the item “Applications have sole control over the device”. Remove the checkmark from this item.
If the Windows 10 microphone level is not adjustable or always changes, it may be because your microphone was set up incorrectly. To set it up again, follow these steps:
- At the bottom right you will find the speaker icon. Click on it with the right mouse button and open “Sounds”.
- In the “Recording” tab, find the microphone you have set up and select it. Then click on “Configure” > “Set up microphone”.
- Click through the wizard. You will need to speak into it in between to test the Windows 10 mic and should be careful not to speak too loudly.
- Once you have completed this setup, the problem should be fixed and the microphone level should no longer change.
The Windows 10 microphone does not work if there are errors in the settings. However, this can also be due to the device itself or the wrong drivers. In some cases, the microphone is not recognized at all or it is recognized and still does not work. In these cases, special settings have to be adjusted. Afterwards, the microphone will work as you want it to. Still have questions about this topic? Let us know in the comments.
ANZEIGE – Preise inkl. MwSt., zzgl. Versandkosten / Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-06-26 at 10:41 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API