The streaming service Netflix is gaining more and more popularity. Many movies and series are available online around the clock. But you don’t always want to sit in front of the TV and watch movies. Streaming Netflix on Windows 10 has become a lot more convenient with the app for the desktop. In this article, you can read about the advantages of the app and what you can do if you run into problems.
In diesem Artikel:
Netflix in Windows 10 as an app – these are the advantages
If you want to use Netflix in Windows 10, all you have to do is log into your Netflix account online and you can start streaming series and movies. But there is also a dedicated app for Windows 10, and downloading it brings some advantages, such as:
- Unlike the website, a higher 4K resolution is possible in the app
- The app also offers a download option to enjoy content offline
- Picture-in-picture function is possible. This way, you can continue watching Netflix while browsing or working.
ANZEIGE – Preise inkl. MwSt., zzgl. Versandkosten / Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-06-26 at 14:51 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Netflix Windows 10 Download – How to do it
If you want your Netflix Windows 10 download to work, an active account is required. Here’s how you can download the Netflix app for Windows 10:
- Search for the “Store” option in the Start menu. Click the Search option on the top right.
- Type “Netflix” and press the Enter key. Then select Netflix from the search results.
- Click Install. When prompted to log in, just sign in with your Microsoft credentials. Then go back to the Start menu.
- Find the Netflix app and click on it. Select “Login” and sign in with your credentials.
- Confirm the login and your computer is connected to your Netflix account.
Netflix app in Windows 10 does not work
The Netflix app in Windows 10 does not work? This can be due to various reasons. With a few simple steps you can fix most of the problems. Here we show you what you can do:
Update Windows 10
The reasons are usually simple when the app won’t launch in Windows 10. Uninstalled, new Windows updates are one of the reasons. Here’s how you can solve the problem:
- Select Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update > Get updates.
- If there is an update available for Windows 10, you can download and install it.
- To update Netflix as well, go to the Microsoft Store.
- There, click on the three dots (they are located near the profile picture) and then select “Downloads and Updates”.
- Then select “Check for update” and you’ll get all the available Netflix updates that can help solve the problem.
If the app still refuses to start or does not work as desired, it may help to reset the app. You can do it like this:
- Open the settings by pressing the key combination [Windows] + [ i ] to open the settings. Select “Apps” > “Apps and Features.”
- Then search for the Netflix app. Click the mouse button on the app icon and select “advanced options”.
- Now you should be presented with “Reset” or “Uninstall” options.
- First, you should reset the app. If the problem doesn’t go away, you need to uninstall the app and then install it again from the Microsoft Store.
Where does Netflix store downloads in Windows 10?
The Netflix app downloaded your favorite show but you can’t find it? Where does Netflix store the downloads in Windows 10? Find out here:
- Press the key combination [Windows] + [e] to open the Windows Explorer.
- Copy the path [C:UsersUsernameAppDataLocalPackages4DF9E0F8.Netflix_mcm4njqhnhss8LocalStateofflineInfodownloads] and paste it into the address bar. Confirm with Enter. You have to replace “Username” with your actual Windows 10 username.
- Now the folder with all downloaded Netflix files will open. Here you will find a whole bunch of files with numbers. These are your downloaded content. Note that these files are bound to your Netflix account and you can only play them with the Netflix player.
ANZEIGE – Preise inkl. MwSt., zzgl. Versandkosten / Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-06-26 at 10:41 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Netflix for Windows 10 has become a convenient way to stream movies and series on the PC through the app. The function to download movies and watch them offline is practical and saves data volume. Those who want to do something else on the side can use the picture-in-picture function. If there are any difficulties, most of them can be solved in a few simple steps. If you want to know more about this, please leave us a comment.