Changing your Apple ID makes sense if you are using an old mail address and want to update it. You may also be taking over a device from a family member. Then it is also important that you are logged in with the correct data everywhere. In this article, we’ll show you the best way to do this.
In diesem Artikel:
Change Apple ID in the browser
If you have created an Apple ID and your mail address is now outdated, you should update it. You can easily create a new one to stay up to date and protect your Apple ID. We’ll explain exactly how this works in a few simple steps:
- Open your browser and enter the web address “appleid.apple.com” and log in with your current mail and password.
- In the “Account” section, click on the “Edit” option on the right.
- Then click on “Change Apple ID” and enter your new address that you want to use from now on.
- Click on “Continue” to confirm this step.
After that, you should receive a mail in your inbox. You can use the attached link to complete the change of your Apple ID. You can now log in again as usual.
By the way, we also have a tip if you ever want to change your Apple ID password.
Change Apple ID on iPhone
Changing your Apple ID on the iPhone is also very easy via the settings. You only need to do the following:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on your name. This will take you to your Apple ID.
- Swipe all the way down and tap “Sign out”. Sometimes you have to confirm this step again.
- Now you can choose which data you want to delete or keep. To do this, you’ll need to set the appropriate preferences. Then confirm that you really want to log out.
- Close the app and open it again.
- Then tap on “Sign in to iPhone” and enter your new Apple ID.
This process also works on other Apple devices, such as iPad or iPod.
ANZEIGE – Preise inkl. MwSt., zzgl. Versandkosten / Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-06-26 at 14:51 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Change email address on iMac or MacBook
- Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner and select “System Preferences”.
- Then select “Apple ID” and go to “Name, Phone, Email”.
- You can add a new one under “Email addresses”. You cannot delete the current mail address for your Apple ID in this step.
- Open your browser and log in to the web address“appleid.apple.com“.
- Under “Account” > “Edit” > “Apple ID” > “Change Apple ID” you can enter the new mail address.
Then just follow the instructions and confirm the mail address with the link in your mailbox. Once you have made the changes, you will need to sign in to all services again.
How can I change my Apple ID without losing data?
Changing your Apple ID without losing data is not as hard as it sounds. If you’re using a new device, you can easily change your Apple ID without losing your iCloud data. However, there are a few things you should definitely keep in mind. These are the steps you should take before upgrading your Apple ID:
- Check that the data on all devices is up to date and that the synchronization of this data with iCloud is working smoothly.
- Backup your data from iMac, Macbook, iPhone or other Apple devices. This may include photos, music, contact details, calendar entries, notes and some others.
- Log out of all devices with your current Apple ID. In doing so, it is important to sign out everywhere. You can find out how to do this on the Apple website or System Preferences in the instructions above.
- It’s important to sign out your Apple ID thoroughly everywhere – including iTunes and the App Store.
ANZEIGE – Preise inkl. MwSt., zzgl. Versandkosten / Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-06-26 at 13:51 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
If you follow a few things, you can easily change your Apple ID and it’s very straightforward. It is important that you create a backup and log out and log in again everywhere. Then nothing will stand in the way of your new Apple ID and the full functionality of your Apple device. If you would like to know more about this topic, feel free to write us in the comments.