You want to change the iPhone font for your mails, messages or even the notes? That’s no problem, because for some time now, using other fonts on the iPhone has become very easy. We show you how it works!
In diesem Artikel:
Is it possible to change the font on the iPhone?
Since iOS 13 it is possible to change the font and font size on the iPhone. You can also decide if the text should be bolded to make it easier to read. You can change the font size and the boldness directly in the iPhone settings – you can change the font via the App Store.
In this article, we’ll first show you how to change the font size and boldness, and further down, how to even choose a different font.
ANZEIGE – Preise inkl. MwSt., zzgl. Versandkosten / Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-06-26 at 14:51 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Change font size on iPhone
To change the font size quickly and easily, you only need to change one setting on the iPhone. Then you can adjust the font to your liking – in both directions. Either it is too small for you, in which case you can make it gradually larger, or it is too large for you, in which case making it smaller is no problem. And this is how you proceed:
- First, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Now select “Display & Brightness “.
- Then click on “Text size”.
- Now you can use the slider to change the font size in three steps up or down. You will immediately see the changes and can decide what suits you best.
So quickly you have changed the font and adapted it to your needs. However, if the font could still be a bit larger, you can set it even larger. To do this, proceed as follows:
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then click on “Display & text size”.
- Now select “Accessibility”.
- Now click on “Larger text” and activate the item “Larger dynamic text” at the top.
- Further down you will have the possibility to select additional levels in the scale. So you can increase the size of the text by several levels.
Hopefully you were able to choose the right size for you. Besides the font size, the boldness also plays a role in the readability. We will now show you how to adjust it.
ANZEIGE – Preise inkl. MwSt., zzgl. Versandkosten / Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-06-26 at 12:11 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
bold iPhone font
Since a few years fonts are getting thinner and thinner and there is a reason for that: Screens are getting sharper and thus allow to use thin fonts as well. This was difficult some time ago. But as nice as it may look, it is sometimes hard to read. If you now prefer to have a slightly thicker font, you can choose it in the settings. And it works like this:
- First, open the “Settings” app on the iPhone.
- Now select “Display & Brightness”.
- Now activate the slider at “Bold Text”.
You can see the effects immediately and decide whether the text is more readable for you.
Change the iPhone font type
Besides font size and boldness, you can also change the iPhone font – that is, the typeface. While Apple only provides the in-house font to choose from, they have opened up the options to use external fonts. To do this, you can select a different font via the App Store and install it on the device. We will now show you how it works:
- First, open the “App Store.”
- Search for “Fonts” to display all apps that offer fonts. There are free and paid apps for this. Then download, for example, the paid app “AnyFont” – or another one that you like better. Follow the instructions in the respective app.
- Then you need a font that you want to use. The best place to start is dafont.com. There you will find many free fonts that you can download via the download button.
- Now go back to the Fonts app and select the font from dafont that you just downloaded and install it via the app.
- Then open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now select “General”.
- Now click on “Fonts”. There you will see all installed fonts and you can manage them there.
We have a video for you that shows the process in detail. You can simply follow the steps on your iPhone:
From now on, you can easily select and use these fonts in apps like Word or the Notes app.
While the iPhone was much more closed a few years ago, you can now make some settings. You can adjust the font size almost infinitely and decide whether the font should be bolder. There are also third-party apps that allow you to install additional fonts. With these options, you can continue to customize the iPhone to suit you and your style. Do you have any questions about changing the iPhone font? Then feel free to write them in the comments.