Changing the Spotify username was not possible for a long time. If you have a username that you do not like, you have a problem. Often, the only option was to delete the account and register again. However, the music streaming service has now allowed a way to change your Spotify username. How to do that, we explain to you in this article.
In this article:
Change Spotify username – Only via the app?
- At the top right of the home screen, there’s a gear icon. Tap on it to get to the settings.
- There you can see the name of your account. Below that, there is an item with “Show profile”. Click on it.
- Then a button with “Edit profile” appears under the name and your profile photo. Select it.
- If you tapped on the name, you can change the name that appears.
- Tap on “Save” to save your changes.
However, it may take a while before you see the correct name. You can also try to close the app and open it again. However, if nothing has changed after 24 hours, you should definitely contact Spotify support.
You won’t be able to log in to your account with this name, though. The “real username” remains the same. With this method, only your name, which is visible to other users, will be changed. Friends and the people you want to share music with will then only see this customized name.
ANZEIGE – Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-10-20 at 17:51 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Change Spotify username with Facebook
If you didn’t sign up through Facebook when you registered, you can change your Spotify username after the fact. Just follow these steps:
- Sign in to Spotify in your web browser.
- Next to your name, you can open a drop-down menu. Click on the settings.
- Then select the sub-item “Facebook” and “connect with Facebook”.
- Then enter your Facebook account details. Spotify and Facebook are now synced with each other. Your username should be the name from the social network from now on.
Change Spotify username doesn’t work?
You have the option to change your username in Spotify in addition to details such as mail address, gender, country/region or date of birth and your displayed name. You can do all this easily in “Edit profile”.
If you can’t change these personal details, it’s probably because you signed up with Facebook. This is how the data for your Spotify account has been stored by Facebook. If you then want to change your personal details, you will need to create a new account.
ANZEIGE – Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-10-20 at 19:11 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Here’s what else you can do to change your Spotify username
On Spotify, you identify yourself with your username. That’s why the platform doesn’t want you to change it several times if you don’t like it anymore. Changing your Spotify username is therefore not as easy as it sounds. Here’s what else you can do if you want to change your name:
- New account: In the worst case scenario, you will have to create a new Spotify account. However, please keep in mind that if you have an account, you will have to recompile your content again.
- New Mail Address: You can use a new mail address when you register with Spotify or delete the existing one.
- Signing up via Facebook: When registering via Facebook, the name as it is displayed in the social network is adopted. Unfortunately, you cannot change this name.
To delete your Spotify account
- Log in to Spotify with your access data. Then look for the “Info” item at the bottom of the page.
- Under “Contact”, select “Customer service and support”. Follow the link to the contact form.
- On the following page, you have to select “Remove/Cancel Spotify” under item 1 and then the more specific item “Remove/Close my Spotify account”. At the third point, you can then specify any reason.
If you are a Spotify Premium user, you must note that after deleting the existing account, the services will not be available to you in the new account. You must first cancel the subscription and then book the premium subscription again when you register again. Pay attention to the cancellation periods of the subscription.
ANZEIGE – Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-10-20 at 20:21 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Changing the Spotify username is really not an easy task. At least you can now edit your displayed name on the music streaming platform. With the right tips and tricks, it can be easily done in the app. Want to know more about this? Then use our comment function.